FIVE TASKFORCE MEMBERS TO FACE TRIAL FOR MISCONDUCT

Chief of Defence Staff, Nigerian Armed Forces, Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin addressing troops of the Joint Security Task Force – Operation Restore Order in Maiduguri, 27 July 2011.

PHOTO CREDIT: News Agency of Nigeria

FIVE TASKFORCE MEMBERS TO FACE TRIAL FOR MISCONDUCT
DAILY TRUST
27 July 2011

Five military officers in the Joint Task Force on Operation Restore Order in Maiduguri are to be tried for misconduct, the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Air Marshal Oluseyin Petinrin, has said.

Petinrin made the disclosure in Maiduguri on Wednesday while speaking with newsmen after an official visit to get first hand information.

Petinrin, who was reacting to allegations of excesses by members of the task force, said the military authority was doing everything possible to address lapses in the operations. He faulted calls for the withdrawal of soldiers from Maiduguri streets by some groups, saying it was self-centred and that the military personnel sent to Maiduguri would not leave until the Federal Government achieved its target of restoring peace in Borno.

He noted that the Maiduguri operation had been difficult because the issue of terrorism was strange in the country. “Now we are gradually getting to its root and soon we will get over it and pull our soldiers back to their base,” he said. “We are here to stamp out those shooting people and throwing explosives in market places. We are not here to fight a religious war.”

About these ads

About beegeagle

BEEG EAGLE -perspectives of an opinionated Nigerian male with a keen interest in Geopolitics, Defence and Strategic Studies
This entry was posted in AFRICA, AFRICAN ARMED FORCES, ARMED CONFLICT, BOKO HARAM ISLAMIC STATE MOVEMENT, COUNTERINSURGENCY OPERATIONS, GLOBAL DEFENCE NEWS, MILITARY PHOTOS, NIGERIA, NIGERIAN AIR FORCE, NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES, NIGERIAN ARMY, NIGERIAN MILITARY HISTORY, NIGERIAN NAVY, NIGERIAN SPECIAL FORCES, RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISM, TERRORISM, URBAN GUERRILLA WARFARE, WEST AFRICAN STANDBY FORCE and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to FIVE TASKFORCE MEMBERS TO FACE TRIAL FOR MISCONDUCT

  1. Mafulul magit john says:

    Way esn’t that opto now killing and bombolas it dos not resolf, when we look what is haponing in jos almost desame moth two churches have ben adtaking by bombolas taget . I know our security comes 4rom God almighty, but pls let u people try your on best on the security pertrol. Aldo i try 2 joing nigeria army is not posible for me, i belive when my tim rech i well b dea thank and God bless nigeria.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s