NIGERIAN SPECIAL FORCES MOVE IN TO DOMINATE NEW HIGHLAND REFUGE OF BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS, CONSOLIDATE HOLD ON THE SAMBISA FOREST RESERVE..DAY AND NIGHT PATROLS UNDERWAY

A Nigerian Army Special Forces soldier at Jaji prior to his departure for Mali

A Nigerian Army Special Forces commando

VANGUARD
June 26, 2013
BY KINGSLEY OMONOBI
ABUJA

FOLLOWING attempts by fleeing members of the Boko Haram terrorist sect to regroup in a bid to fight back, the
Defence headquarters, yesterday, said
that communication equipment used by
the group for shooting and posting online video messages of their leaders have been recovered.

The disclosure was made just as Special
Forces of the JTF commenced night and
day patrols to dislodge remnants of
terrorists still hibernating in the camps
and hideouts of the hilltops and forests
where the terrorists had made their den.

The equipment recovered including
laptops, mobile communication
equipment (GSM phones) and others used for shooting and posting online videos, as well as locally made rockets and rocket launchers were among several items seized by the JTF from the arrested terrorists. They were displayed for a nine-man Defence Headquarters Assessment Team that visited Borno and Yobe states, weekend.

A statement by Brigadier General Chris
Olukolade, Director of Defence
Information said: “As a follow up to
scheduled assessment visits to troops in
the North East of the country, a nine
member Defence Headquarters Operational Assessment Team has
returned from Yobe and Borno States to
brief the Chief of Defence Staff with
updates on the situation in the
operational area of the Special Forces
operating in the North East.

“The force which has been tasked in
support of the implementation of the
State of Emergency is conducting
operations to stop terrorism and to
restore normalcy to the security situation in the northeastern part of the country. The team visited troops’ location in various parts of Borno and Yobe States.

Interacting with the troops inside
Sambisa forest, the team leader and
Director of Operations in the Defence
Headquarters, Air Vice Marshal Olatunji Faloyin, conveyed the greetings and
commendation of the Chief of Defence
Staff (CDS), whom he said was very proud of the troops”. He expressed the CDS satisfaction with the high level of successes so far recorded in the operation and thanked them for a
job well-done, urging them not to rest on their oars until the entire region was fully sanitized and cleared of all terrorists activities. The team also assured the troops of regular logistic supplies while the mission lasts.

Earlier, the team was briefed by
commanders, on conduct of the operation to rid the forest of the insurgents who had made the location their sanctuary. They were told that some notorious leaders of the terrorists have been captured while some materials recovered in the camp have also provided useful intelligence for subsequent operations.

The team was told that some casualty in
men and equipment were recorded on
the part of troops during the operation.
Commanders also disclosed that the
troops were currently engaged in night
and day patrols of the area to dominate the forest and apprehend any terrorist
who may be lurking around.

Meanwhile, the nine man assessment
team has confirmed that the military was still in control of the situation in the two states adding that the troops were
combing the forests and the terrorist
camps to fish out the remnants.

On fears that Boko Haram members were regrouping, AVM Olatunji Faloyin while delivering their report, assured the CDS that the possibility of the terrorists regrouping was not possible, because all the camps have been taken over by the military. He dismissed such rumour as coming from the segment of people who were not aware of what the military had done so far in the two states.

About beegeagle

BEEG EAGLE -perspectives of an opinionated Nigerian male with a keen interest in Geopolitics, Defence and Strategic Studies
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to NIGERIAN SPECIAL FORCES MOVE IN TO DOMINATE NEW HIGHLAND REFUGE OF BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS, CONSOLIDATE HOLD ON THE SAMBISA FOREST RESERVE..DAY AND NIGHT PATROLS UNDERWAY

  1. EastMan says:

    Looking tough and deadly. Love these guys.

  2. Bola David says:

    Good work on the part of the Federal Forces…

  3. doziex says:

    Great News !!! Now this is counterinsurgency. Operation NO SAFE HAVEN FOR BOKO HARAM.

    This news suggests patrols, for the purposes of seeking contact with the enemy.

    Good hunting NA, with the right experience, training and equipment, boko haram would only exist in the history books.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s