ASO RADIO 93.5 FM
18 February, 2015
* 5 Armoured Fighting Vehicle types, 8 Machine Gun types, Anti Aircraft Artillery, Rocket Propelled Grenades and Ammunition Boxes Captured
* Six Hilux Trucks and 300 Motorcycles destroyed
* Two Soldiers Killed, Ten Injured
* Communities Recaptured; Monguno, Gabchari, Abba Jabari, Zuntur,Gajigana, Gajiram, Damakar, Kumaliwa, Bosso Wanti, Jeram and Kabrisungul
* Over 300 Insurgents Killed in Action
The last two days of the counter terrorist operations have seen the insurgents incurring heavy casualties from the ongoing mopping up operation by troops.
Over 300 terrorists were killed while a few were also captured in the air and land operations that led to several communities being cleared of the insurgents.
Several weapons and equipment were also captured and some destroyed. Five different types of armoured fighting vehicles (AFVs), an anti-aircraft (AA) gun, about 50 cases of packed bombs and eight different types of machine guns and five rocket propelled grenades were captured
in the counter-attack.
Also captured were 49 boxes of various types and calibres of ammunition while 300 motorcycles were destroyed in the fighting.
In addition,a total of six Hilux vehicles including those mounted with anti-aircraft guns were also destroyed.Two soldiers lost their lives in the operation while 10 others were wounded.
The cordon and search operation is
continuing along with aggressive patrols by troops who are now dominating the cleared communities such as Monguno, Gabchari, Abba Jabari, Zuntur, Gajigana, Gajiram, Damakar, Kumaliwa, Bosso Wanti, Jeram and Kabrisungul.
According to the Defence spokesman,
Major General Chris Olukolade, the various phases of the highly coordinated air and land operations in designated areas are being handled by contingents involved in
the renewed counter terrorism campaign in and outside Nigeria.